At Thomas Jefferson Elementary School,
Children Come FIRST.
We strive to help our students be
- Confident and independent,
- Thoughtful and generous,
- Trustworthy, and
- High achieving.
To achieve this goal, the TJES staff will
- Model, recognize, and reward the student characteristics above and the pillars of Character Counts,
- Challenge students and selves with high expectations,
- Allow time for student exploration of concepts,
- Give students choices in the classroom to build their ownership of learning,
- Make efforts to connect with and learn from colleagues, and
- Develop supportive relationships with students, parents, and community
and learning will be
- Differentiated (that is, challenging, developmentally appropriate, and in an appropriate amount),
- Creative and hands-on, and
- Aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning.